Thursday, June 24, 2010

Google Docs

I was just on twitter and found a link to a blog outlining the most recent google doc updates. I love the real time update function. That was one of the issues that I had with it when I tried to incorporate it into my curriculum last year. You had to keep hitting refresh if 2 or more people were working on the document at once.
A few of my colleagues and I have to re-work our 8th grade curriculum over the summer because we are changing textbooks this coming fall. I'm going to suggest we attempt most of this collaboration in google docs and give this tool a try. I will let people know how it goes......

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. Now that I have learned about google docs - is seems like such a wonderful tool when working with others on a project/paper.
    Is there a way to track who worked on the document when? I am thinking of when several students collaborate on a project can the teacher check that all students participated in the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! I will have to check this out! I know the presentation part used to update better than the document aspect. And Holly, I'm not sure about this update, but in the past there has been a record of changes and who made them. The issue that I have run into is that the actual changes made are hard to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete