Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trying to get started.....

I am embarrassed to say that I attempted to start my blog about an hour and a half ago. I've been completely engulfed in playing with all different templates, backgrounds, and layouts. Courier or Times New Roman? White writing or light blue? What gadgets to include? And should they be on the left or the right? Wow, who knew I'd have to make so many decisions.......and even worse, who knew that I would care so much!?!?!
I do acknowledge that my thoughts won't be any wittier or hold any more insight whether they are posted in blue size 10 Courier font or a classic size 12 Ariel, but I really just can't help myself.

That being said, 1.5 hours and all I have to show for it is a picture and a 3 sentence bio. This could get ugly.
I'm excited to throw myself into the world of web 2.0, but I guess I'm going to have to prioritize my time a little bit better.......


5 comments:

  1. Don't worry! I often get lost in "design" details or anguishing over a word choice that no one else will even notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm exciting to keep "tweaking" and add a little science content at some point soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am detail oriented as well but just designed to go with content first and then go back for the detail later. I do like the dark background and teal and white letters :-) (and clever title!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, I am the same way!! I always get caught up in the design and then realize, "oh wait! I have posts to make!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, me too! The design is always a fun part, I think. This is a great lesson for me with my students, though, because they could be the same way, being caught up in design and forgetting that the content is important.

    ReplyDelete